Saturday, August 4, 2007

Student Ministry...Part I

I love Student Ministry. When I am 90 years old and walking with a cane, I plan on still investing in the lives of teenagers. Nothing is more exciting than watching change happen in the lives of Students. I am convinced that Teenagers are more open to radical life changing Christianity than any group of people I can think of. I want to invest in the lives of the Students so that God will be glorified and that people will be what God created them to be. There are lots of things we need to focus on when reaching this generation of students, but, here are three of them that are huge to us:
  1. Personally Invest in your Students. There are a lot of things in and around student ministry that can and will monopolize your time, but there is nothing more important than the time you spend with your students personally. Teenagers spell the word love "T I M E". They are hoping that you, or anyone else for that matter, will stop being so consumed with yourself and take a moment to ask them about their life. As youth workers, Student Pastors, or Parents we have to be very careful not to become lost in the many, many different things that can hijack our devotion and divert our attention. As your ministry grows it becomes more and more difficult to do this. How can we maintain a healthy connection to our students as our ministries grow, any ideas? Let me know what you think.
More to come tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I would like to do that too, but doing it all the time is boring.