Sunday, August 12, 2007

Student Ministry...Part III

3. Build an Adult Leadership Team. Leading in student ministry can be very difficult and lonely place. Most youth pastors find themselves with lots of responsibility and very little help. When it comes to investing in the lives of teenagers, great adult leaders are few and far between. I have inherited a group of amazing Adult leaders and I am blessed to have people around me who love students. I not only want them to know I appreciate them, I also want them to know that my job is impossible without them. In a few weeks I am taking all of our adult leaders and their spouses to the mountains to hang out for a weekend. I will share with them our vision and we will spend some time training in different areas. I love the Adult Volunteers here at Varsity and I can't wait to spend some time investing in the people who invest in our students. What are some ways that have been successful for you to recruit adult volunteers?

1 comment:

Teri said...

this makes me very sad right now!