Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Strike the Rock

Exodus 17:5 5 The Lord said to Moses, “Walk out in front of the people. Take your staff, the one you used when you struck the water of the Nile, and call some of the elders of Israel to join you. 6 I will stand before you on the rock at Mount Sinai.[b] Strike the rock, and water will come gushing out. Then the people will be able to drink.” So Moses struck the rock as he was told, and water gushed out as the elders looked on.

God is rocking my world this week with this passage. As I study this passage one thing sticks out to me in a huge way and that is the phrase "strike the rock". Here at Varsity we are about to strike the rock with a vengeance! I really like that phrase and I saw it over in another passage.

I Corinthians 10:4 and all of them drank the same spiritual water. For they drank from the spiritual rock that traveled with them, and that rock was Christ.

Moses struck the rock and God made water flow from that rock to give the people something to drink. In I Corinthians we see that the rock was Jesus! Here is the deal! In the same way people are thirsty for water they have a thirst for Christ. We are going to strike the rock and give them JESUS!

You can plan, promote, prepare and produce the greatest movement in the world but, if you do not give people Jesus then you have failed. Here at Varsity we are striking the rock and pray that Jesus flows and people never thirst again.

No comments: