Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thank God for Senior Pastors

It seems to me that the office of a Student Pastor is the revolving door of ministry. I heard the other day that most Student Ministers are out of the ministry within 18 months. What the heck? I want to make sure that I stand the test of time in ministry and finish strong.
Earlier this week I wrote about "The Bishop" and his talk on leadership. This has caused me to continue reading and studying Exodus 17 and our role as "not the Pastor". Here are a few thoughts from the scripture that God gave me this week in relation to our role as a "junior leader" and how we can support the Senior Pastor. If we can keep a healthy view of what God has called us to do we can make it.

vs 8. I am in a battle and I am under attack

vs 9. The Senior Pastor has a plan and a vision and as a "junior leader" I am here to support and help fulfill that vision.

vs. 10 Always follow the leadership of your Senior Pastor. The stakes are too high to try and go at it alone.

vs.11 Our success in ministry is directly connected to the faithfulness and leadership of the Senior Pastor

vs. 12 There is lots of pressure associated with the role of the Senior Pastor. Senior Pastors get tired and need others to support them.

vs. 13 Our ability to win the battle is a result of the Senior Pastor and those closest to him working hard to stay close to God.


These are just a few thoughts about how God designed our role to function as Student Ministers.

1 comment:

Christian the Christian said...

Props my brother! Good word! I agree whole-heartedly. I'm new to the blogging world and just stumbled upon your blog (searching through "youth pastors" since I am one myself). I like what I see and look forward to reading more! Thanks for the word, bro.