Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Back to Work

I have been out of town for five days and I am so glad to be back at work. I think I gained three pounds while I was gone which makes me want to jump off a very tall building (just kidding). We went to Charleston yesterday to see a ENT doctor for Dawson. He thinks we should be able to start the process of removing Dawson's trach six weeks after the heart surgery. I cant wait until that thing is out so I can hear him talking again. I really miss that sometimes. Anyway our date for the surgery is May 18 and we have peace about this, so we know it is God's plan and Dawson is going to do great. However, it does not make the process any easier. It seems to me that while growing in our faith we are constantly presented with opportunities to trust God. These opportunities vary in difficulty, like the beginning of a video game where you choose the level at which you would like to compete. The crazy thing is there is no easy, normal, or difficult buttons in our spiritual life. We face each day not knowing what the next moment may bring. Sometimes we respond with great faith during the hardest places and other times we have a panic attack while flying in a perfectly good airplane(that really happened to me). I am learning that the thing we never stop doing is finding new places to trust God. My desire is that no matter what I face in this life that I will respond with trust. I know that there are lots of things I cannot trust, but the one thing that I can trust is God.

No comments: