Monday, September 10, 2007

Family Time

I love my job. I love every minute of it. There is nothing in this world I would rather do than Student Ministry. I want to keep doing ministry, and I want to be careful not to let anything move into my life that is ungodly or immoral. I want to finish strong. In order to do that I must be healthy, emotionally, physically and spiritually. We should have a well rounded life. Balancing work and family can be difficult but it is necessary for a healthy life. If our lives are out of balance then it is hard to minister to others because of the stress in your own family. For the past few months I have been working, traveling and doing lots of things while leaving Renae to take care of Dawson. Honestly, the "Family Time Meter" is running pretty low. My Family needs some uninterrupted time with me. No cell phones, email, or laptop. Nothing. This is why I am attempting to do something I have never done before. Starting Thursday afternoon I will officially unplug for five straight days. What? This is my goal and I WILL do it. Renae and Dawson will be my sole focus for five days with no interruptions. I am turning off all of the above mentioned items and will not touch them for five days. I want to stay in ministry and one good way to do that is to stay married. Renae I love you so much and I cant wait to hang out with you for a few days.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I'm proud of you Josh.....but you'' take MY calls right? :-)jk