Thursday, April 12, 2007

"How To Deal"

Today has been pretty crazy as we spent most of the afternoon filming for our upcoming series, "How to Deal". We are going to be speaking on four issues that are difficult to deal with, Anger, Pressure, Divorce, Death. The filming went very well, we shot for about four hours and got enough footage for about one and a half promos.
Wednesday night went very well with the first of three messages in our Sex_Ed series. It is always interesting when you speak on Sex. But it went very well. One of our guys came up to me afterward and put his arms around me and hugged me. It kinda caught me off guard, but I realized how much it had effected him as he kept telling me thank you. The night got more interesting, as we all went to Wendy's afterward. I sat down and had a conversation with a guy who told me he was an atheist. We had a great talk as he told me all about his life, and some of the pain he had experienced. I realized that it was great to talk to a guy who was struggling with the existence of God. It is definitely more exhilarating to engage in conversation with someone who is not sure about God than someone who claims that God is real and lives as if he is not. I am excited about what God is doing in his life, and it is always awesome watching someone walk from death to life. I have the best job on the planet.

No comments: