Friday, April 27, 2007

I Love My Pastor

I am so excited to be at Brookwood Church. My pastor is amazing. He took this guy and I to lunch yesterday. I was expecting that he had something that he wanted us to talk about, but in reality he just wanted to hang out. It was pretty cool just hanging out. One thing however was very interesting to me. During our meal, all of our glasses were getting pretty empty and it was evident that we all needed a refill. Perry looked over and asked us what we were drinking. He then left his glass on the table and went over and got Mike and I a refill. He refilled our cups before he did his ownI know that this does not seem like that big of a deal. But, how he demonstrated servant leadership to us in that moment was pretty awesome. I hope, like my pastor, I will never become so filled with myself that I forget that I am a servant.

No comments: