Monday, May 7, 2007

Sunday Night Baptism

Last night we had a special service with baptism, barbecue, and bluegrass music. Bluegrass is not really my thing but there were lots of people who really enjoyed it. Baptism was unbelievable. I stood in that pool while 50 people came through, each with a story of how Jesus had changed their life. It was amazing. They all had a story. There is nothing like watching people identify with Christ through baptism. My sister Libby was one of the people who were baptized. I am so proud of her. After the baptism I had some Bucky's Barbecue. It is as close to Memphis barbecue as any place in the upstate and that is a good thing. I go to the greatest church in the world!

1 comment:

Ulla said...

yeah, it was so cool.
i saw u standing in the cold watre;)
i have never seen something like this it was really amazing :)
brookwoodchurch is awesome
<3 ulla