Thursday, May 10, 2007

Wednesday Night Recap

For the first 20 minutes of the message last night no one said a word and it was hard to make eye contact with some of the students. I am pretty sure that the topic hit home with more than half of the room. Divorce is an ugly thing and last night I was reminded of how awful it is for the students caught in the aftermath. As I prayed over them I could see the tears falling. My heart broke as the students came to me and told me their stories after we were done! I got emails from students telling me about their family situation and I am overwhelmed at the amount of pain people are going through. Last night we did the only thing we could do, and that is offer them hope in the midst of a hopeless situation. I know that God has a plan for us and that even when the world around us is out of control we can trust Him!
Check out the promo video here.

No comments: