Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sunday Night

I really missed going to church today, but I am glad to be spending time with my awesome family! Dawson is in a regular room now in the Children's Hospital and he is doing very well. We are hesitant to say the H word (home), but if all goes well we could be coming home as early as Thursday. Tonight my parents sat with Dawson while Renae and I went and grabbed a bite to eat at Coconut Joe's. I love that place. Check out the view from our table.


Over dinner, Renae and I took some time to look back and remember where God has brought us from. As we sat there and talked about time after time where God has proven himself faithful, Renae reminded me of a prayer that we prayed for Dawson in the first few months of his life. In light of Dawson's diagnosis we knew that he had less than a ten percent chance of seeing his first birthday, and it was a 50/50 whether or not we would carry him out the front door of the hospital. I remember praying something like this, "God, I pray you would extend his days." It was simple but this it was pretty much the only thing I could do. As I sat there overlooking this beautiful ocean I was reminded yet again of God's faithfulness to us. The crazy thing is, that right there in that moment I realized, God answered our prayers. What a mighty God we serve! You know, there is something about the ocean that forces me to acknowledge how amazing our God really is. I love these verses!
Psalm 104:25-33
25 Here is the ocean, vast and wide,
teeming with life of every kind,
both large and small.
26 See the ships sailing along,
and Leviathan,[c] which you made to play in the sea.

27 They all depend on you
to give them food as they need it.
28 When you supply it, they gather it.
You open your hand to feed them,
and they are richly satisfied.
29 But if you turn away from them, they panic.
When you take away their breath,
they die and turn again to dust.
30 When you give them your breath,[d] life is created,
and you renew the face of the earth.

31 May the glory of the Lord continue forever!
The Lord takes pleasure in all he has made!
32 The earth trembles at his glance;
the mountains smoke at his touch.

33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live.
I will praise my God to my last breath!

2 comments:

Jeremiah & Kelli said...

We are praying for you! So glad Dawson is doing okay! Love you guys!

Jeremiah & Kelli Oliver

Unknown said...

Josh, praying for you. What a wonderful passage to meditate upon during a time of uncertainty and anxiety.