Tuesday, June 5, 2007

America's Got Talent?

Tonight, Renae and I watched the season premier of America's Got Talent. It was a two hour show packed full of people "laying it on the line" for the sake of American entertainment. I am amazed at the lengths we will go to to entertain ourselves. Jerry Springer, the mayor of the world, hosts this theatrical nightmare in an attempt to spice up what is the most embarrassing display of so-called American talent. The sad part is, there are some genuinely talented people wrapped up in this atrocity that we call "reality" television. The worst thing about this whole thing is that I sat there for two hours while NBC fed me this CRAP. I am so angry about the fact that NBC, who should be known as a "family network," will take the innocence of a child and sacrifice it on national television to the god of ratings. I understand that some of the parents of these children are culpable for their Children having to go through such an embarrassing experience. However, there is no excuse for anyone to attack a child's integrity while the world is tuned in. Watching Sharon Osbourne and Piers Morgan have a scripted fight on television would be more entertaining as an episode of Celebrity Deathmatch. If I were in the audience I would have wanted to leave half way through. It is sort of like a car accident on the highway. You don't want to look but something won't let you turn away. Reality TV has hit a new low. I definitely think that NBC should continue to search for talent, and when they find it, they should hire whoever has it as President of the Network.

No comments: