Thursday, June 7, 2007

Leadership

As we lead, I think that it is important to remember that people will develop into what they see not what they hear. It is more important to BE what you are teaching than to TEACH what you want others to become. I am asking myself the question, "Am I what I want others to become?" The fact remains, people WILL develop. They will either become something great, or something not so great. I want to make sure that I am striving to be like Jesus. This is the single most important lesson in leadership. Living like Jesus is fundamental to leading like Jesus. You can't have one without the other. God is teaching me to live in order that I might lead.

1 comment:

Tina4christ said...

AMEN!!! I completely agree :) living like christ is very essential to teaching people who he is. Now i'm a girl and if i'm trying to teach some people to play football, altho i can study up on it, watch all the games and try my best to aknowledge as much info on how to play and coach, but if i never experience a tackle or run a play or even stand on the side line of the field, how can i lead someone to experienceing christ! Thank god being a christian isn't football coaching haha