Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Nashville Day Three Thoughts

  • I can't believe I walked all over the city for three hours
  • I can't believe I sat on the street and ate lunch with a total stranger who was homeless
  • Charlie Daniels has a museum
  • I saw it today
  • Dawson is doing so well
  • I am not very fond of Thia food
  • I am working on a very sexy farmers tan
  • My legs are so white I blind the people who see them
  • I love air conditioning
  • I saw a 97 year old man play a harmonica today
  • It was amazing
  • My Wife is awesome
  • I love her
  • I am glad she came with me
  • Did I say that I did not like Thia food?
  • When I say I did not like what I mean is...I would not go back there unless someone was holding me hostage
  • Thia food is another name for really crappy Chinese food
  • I should not be complaining about food because I have plenty of it
  • Homeless people, I never noticed them before!
  • It is easier to pretend that the things that make us uncomfortable don't exist
  • How do we sleep at night knowing so many people are hungry and sleeping on the street
  • Some homeless people choose to be homeless
  • I will never be the same
  • I am thankful Jesus is using Nashville to help me see people the way he sees people
  • Why do we typically minister to people who can give us something in return?
  • Why do you have to have a permit to feed homeless people? (I am serious)
  • If everyone would share would there be enough of everything for all of us?
  • Is Jesus concerned about people who are poor and homeless?
  • If he was here on earth right now would I see him?
  • Do I ever hang out with the same people Jesus would hang out with?
  • Why is my comfort level more important than starving, hungry, homeless people?
  • Will I change?
  • Can we help or is this "just the way it is?"

1 comment:

Teri said...

thought provoking thoughts......